Featured I'm now FULLY BUFFERED two times over with YNAB! :)

Discussion in 'Mortgage Payoff Diaries' started by cdub, Nov 20, 2015.

1. cdub

cdub Club Founder Staff Member

Mortgage Debt:
    $250717
    Interest Saved:
    $20028
    Principal Pre-Paid:
    $10377
    Yeah! I finally achieved my goal of being FULLY BUFFERED in YNAB on the business account.

For those of you who don't know what YNAB is... it's the best personal finance software ever... a litteral life changer. (see my post here on it)

Anyways.. one of the major steps to YNAB is being able to live on last month's income. In other words you're no longer living paycheck to paycheck... but every paycheck you receive this month get's allocated to next month. I can't say enough how much of a stress releiver it is.

You don't worry about paying bills. Bouncing checks. Everything is at peice. The money is there. You pay the bill as soon as you get it... or whenever you get a chance. There's no stress. And the crazy thing is... you forget when payday is... because it really doesn't matter anymore. Pure bliss.

Anyways... for many many many years now... at least 8... my personal accounts have been fully buffered.

But I'm self employed so that means that I have a business account... I never was able to save up for a buffer on my business side.

Until now. :)

Now all of my business payroll and expenses are fully funded for December. I could pay myself my salary today and my December salary on December 1st and I wouldn't blink an eye.

The best part is... if I was to lose my job tomorrow... I have a full 2 months of income saved up all lined up and ready to go.

Pure bliss. I'm breathing a huge sigh of satisfaction and relief right now. :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Kerri likes this.